Saturday, February 5, 2011

14-3

Here's my weekend bloggggg:
This week we finished Chapter 14 and tested on it. Along with that we continued to work on Aleks and even started Chapter 12 which had to do with vectors. I’m going to explain the concept of finding an inverse in a matrix.
EXAMPLE 1: Given A= [4 3 find its inverse.
2 6]
A). To find an inverse, flip the 1st number on the top row and the 2nd on the bottom (4 and 6) and make the 2nd number on the first row and 1st on the second row negative (-3 and -2).
B). Your new matrix should look like this [6 -3
-2 4]
C). Now cross multiply your original matrix and subtract (4 x 6 – 2 x 3) = 18
D). Mutiply your new matrix by the determinant, which is 1/18.
E). Your answer is [1/3 -1/6
-1/9 2/9]

I know this is a little short but I've been doing Aleks all morning and I'm really frustrated :/ sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment