Sunday, February 13, 2011

Inverse for a 3x3

This week in advanced math we are working on chapter 12. Mrs. Robinson currently showed us how to find the inverse of a 3x3 matrix. This was fairly easy for me because I was already taught it in the number theory class that I am taking, because of this Mrs. Robisnon let me get a head start on my homework (HA HA HA). Anyways I am going to teach you how to do this.

First, you are going to have to pick a row with the lowest numbers in them, then delete the row in column that they are in leaving you with a 2x2 finding the determine of that then multiplying the outside number by the determinate roatating signs postive and negative, starting with positive, and then add all the determinates up.

EXAMPLE:
1. [1 2 2
0 0 1
1 3 0]
0[2 2 0[1 2 1[0 0
3 0] - 1 0]+ 1 3]
0-0+0= 0
so your answer for this one happens to be 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment