Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mardi Gras Break Number 2

Soooo I’m back again writing my second blog of the break. Once again I will stay I am very bummed that break it over already. I have been super busy all week and it just flew by. I really wanted to aleks extra credit but I did not have any time this week so that sucks. Anyway I’m going to do so more examples from chapter 5 which has to do with like logs and formulas and other stuff. It’s easy enough I guess but I guess we will have to wait for exam grades to be posted to see how well I know my stuff.

Chapter 5 involves three main formulas:

Formula 1 : A(t) = A (1 + r)t
Formula 2: A(t) =A bt/k
Formula 3: P(t) = P er/t

You must choose which formula you use when given a problem.

Example:

You invest 2,000 at 6% intrest compounded continuously. How much money will you have after 3 years?

Plug into your calculator P = 2000e^(.06)(3) = $6371.02

No comments:

Post a Comment