Sunday, September 19, 2010

This week in advanced math we are working on section 8-4. I think that it is probably one of the easiest things that we have learned all year. All you are doing is replacing the trig functions with Pythagorean identities. I will show you how to do this in the following steps followed by an example. You will only need one example I promise! If you need more than one example then too bad you aren't getting another one.

Now remember this may be easy for me because I have the best advanced math teacher in the entire world and I am a genius but for you it may be a little confusing, but your still only getting one example.

STEPS:
1. Pythagorean identities
2. Move everything to sin and cosine OR tangent IF POSSIBLE
3. Algebra to simplify
4. identities again
5. Algebra again

EXAMPLE #1 and the ONLY one:
1.(secx)(tanx)
secx= 1/cosx and tanx= sinx/cosx
(1/cosx)(sinx/cosx)
=sinx/cos^2x
=tan^2x is going to be your final answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment