Sunday, December 5, 2010

Smh

This had to be by far the hardest section for me to grasp. I don't know what happened with the test but I didn't understand it. But I guess the show must go on. In chapter 13 we learned lots of things, mostly based around geometric and arithmetic sequences. In 13-1 we learned the arithmetic sequence, geometric sequence, and neither. To find the arithmetic sequence you use the formula tn= t1 + (n-1)d. To find the geometric sequence you use the formula tn= t1(r^(n-1)). And it goes on and on from there with complicated things. But the one thing I did get was Sigma.

Sigma
#
∑f(x) ; the # signs are the limits of sumation. The n is the index. And f(x) is the summand.
n=#

Ex.
6
∑ 4x
x=1

1) What is the summand? 4x

2) What is the index? x

3) What are the limits of summation? 6 and 1

4) Evaluate the sigma
4+4+4+4+4+4=24
(4*1)+(4*2)+(4*3) +(4*4)+(4*5)+4*6)= 84

No comments:

Post a Comment